Saturday, December 10, 2011

Harley Davidson Toy Run

Today the local Harley chapter did a toy drive for the kids here at Dell Children's. It was awesome! Santa was here, there was ornament making, cookie decorating, pictures on Harley's and with Santa and toys for the kids to choose from. So of course Jaylie loved it! Everyone was so nice and they were dressed up in their Harley gear. Jaylie got some presents for her and one for Breklyn and Crew. I love that she always thinks of them, she is the best big sister! Toward the end one of the Harley ladies there saw that their was a bike, which we didn't even notice, and saw it was about Jaylie's size so she brought it over to her and gave it to her! Jaylie was asking for a bike for Christmas too so it was perfect! I am blown away by the generosity of people. We are so thankful. Of course Kip and I got emotional too, we always do, I hate it. You'd think by now I would be able to control my emotions but when it comes to others doing nice things to make my daughter happy and to make this as much of a positive experience as it can be for her, it just is really touching and is hard not to get emotional. We are so thankful to all the members of the Harley Davidson of Austin chapter who came! I took lots of pictures but they are on the camera so when we get home I will post them.

Jaylie is doing pretty good today and is feeling well so far. Yesterday was not as good. I can't complain though because she hasn't even thrown up this round and some kids do and get so sick. We are thankful for how well Jaylie does. Thursday night was good but felt a little sick Friday morning. She had both emend and zofran in her so we also gave her phenergan. The emend works wonders for her, she never throws up when she has that. The phenergan knocked her out last time she had it so I figured she would sleep for a while and then feel better but she didn't. She was tired but super grouchy. She didn't want anyone to talk to her or sit on her bed or anything. She kept throwing little fits too, so we just left her alone. When she doesn't feel well she is not very nice to us (my mom was here with me yesterday). Turns out her hemoglobin was low so she needed a blood transfusion. The nurses said that explains why she was acting like that, she just didn't feel good. She was much better later that night after the phenergan wore off and she got blood. I think it was combo of the two. Next time I will try a different nausea medicine instead of phenergan. A friend who is in my moms ward at church came up to the hospital and brought Jaylie a little Puss n Boots doll yesterday, she loved it. Kip took her to see that movie so she was pretty excited. He went and picked us up some Pei Wei too, it was yummy. A huge thank you to him. It's always nice having visitors and food from outside the hospital :)

Jaylie has been good and happy today. Some of our good friends from San Antonio came up today and visited. It was so good seeing them. They brought Jaylie some cute gifts which she loved! They have a little boy Crew's age and he is a doll. Thank you for coming guys!

We are scheduled to go home on the morning. I miss Breklyn and Crew soo much! I am so glad we get to be together again tomorrow. I am so thankful for friends and my family here that help out with the kids. It makes it so much easier on us. We are praying that Jaylie will stay healthy and fever free this round so we can stay at home for Christmas and not be in the hospital. Also praying that the chemo works, that her cancer won't ever come back and that she will have the least long term effects from all this treatment as possible. Thank you for your prayers and support. We are glad we are not alone in this journey.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Kajsa....everytime I read one of your posts, I am so amazed at your strength!! You are such an amazing person and I am so glad I have gotten to know you! Please know you are in my prayers....you and your sweet family!! Jaylie is such a miracle!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!! Hugs Laura Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updates and read them frequently. Thank you for sharing it all with us. I love reading about all the miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. We can see that your family and Jaylie continue to fight through this and continue to receive blessings and answers to so many prayers. Jaylie continues to be in our daily prayers. We love you.

    The Holdens

    ReplyDelete