Thursday, October 27, 2011

Team Jaylie 5K

I don't even know where to start. We feel so honored that this whole unbelievable 5k event was put on for our little Jaylie. Words cannot even describe how absolutely amazing it was, if you were there you understand, it was something else! We are so thankful to everyone involved! The Heather's who put it all together, all the sponsors, volunteers, participants, all those who donated, family, friends, and strangers. It was a wonderful event and we will forever be grateful for everyone who helped in any way.




There were 907 registered runners.   584 (5K Runners) + 268 (1M Runners) = 2136 miles ran for Jaylie!! 
The distance from Austin, Texas to Augusta, Maine!
(Its actually a little higher-they found out later that there were more runners).


My precious little princess Jaylie. This girl amazes me everyday. She definitely is a special little spirit.  I love you Jaylie!



Our family. Kajsa, Breklyn, Jaylie, Crew and Kip. 

 
My family. All 5 of us plus my parents, siblings, nieces, my brother in law and my mother in law.
 We all rode in the limo. Kip and I had no idea we were riding in a limo until the second we started loading up the car. It was a big surprise! My parents just found out the night before. It was fun being all together. My brother Ryan and sis in law Brandilyn were the only ones missing, only because my parents forgot to tell them about it bc they just found out right before bed the night before.

The hummer limo when it came to pick us up.

Inside the limo. It was so fun!

I love that you can see all the photographers in this picture.


A picture of the crowd when we stepped out of the limo.  We drove up and were shocked at the amount of people. Everyone was waiting for us right when we got out of the limo. It was amazing. Kip and I couldn't stop crying. It was a very touching moment that I will never forget. Thank you to everyone for making it so special. 


I am so glad the photographers got some good shots of these shirts. They are amazing! My friend Cathy Christensen and her daughter, Kendyll, made them for all 5 of us. They had Jaylie write her name and thank you a couple times and then took a profile picture of her and then came up with these shirts. They are so talented! Thank you girls!


Giving Jaylie a little pep talk. She was overwhelmed at first and was pretty shy the whole time.



 They had a tent for our family :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment