Friday, May 13, 2011

Written Sunday May 8th 2011


We got home from the hospital Friday night. It's been great being home with Jaylie and the other two kiddos. I missed them so much while we were in the hospital. I saw them every night for about 2 hours and was so grateful for that. My mom did a lot of driving back and forth to make sure Kip and I saw them everyday. Some friends were also so nice to bring them up to the hospital for us. Our house is about 30 minutes away, so not close but not bad either. Jaylie is doing awesome! It's really crazy that she even had brain surgery because she is pretty much back to normal. She is a little weak still in her body and muscles, but not bad. Her personality is back and she's talking great and can use all parts of her body great and can write her letters the same and she remembers everything. It's really a miracle. We are so grateful for this and for her fast recovery. She has about 3 more weeks recovery before her radiation treatments start so she will be pretty strong going into it, which is good. The healthier and stronger we can get her, the better it will be I think. We go on the 17th to see the neurosurgeon and get blood work and an MRI. We also have an appointment that day to check out the oncology part of the hospital and get acquainted with it. Then soon after that she will have surgery to get her catheter port put in. It's still so crazy and like a dream to us. It's so weird that she has cancer because she seems fine, you would never know. She looks perfectly healthy. We are just enjoying our time with her before this all starts, and trying to take it one day at a time and just love all our kids more than ever before. Life is precious. Being a mom is precious. I'm so grateful I am a mom to my 3 beautiful kids and that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with them. I know he won't give me more than I can handle so I am just going on faith. I'm so grateful to have spent Mothers Day at home with all 3 of my kids and my awesome husband. And I am grateful for my Mom and all she has done for me and all she is willing to do for me and my family in the future with all this. She's one of my many angels here on earth helping me to make it through. Happy Mothers Day to all y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment